Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Armour Construction Consultants are delighted to maintain our long running Trainee Programme and are looking for suitable First Year candidates for 2021.
The successful candidates will be required to achieve entry onto First Year of the part time Quantity Surveying course at Glasgow Caledonian University. The position, combining office based working and part time University study, would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual with strong people and IT skills. It is an excellent opportunity for suitable candidates to gain their honours degree whilst developing their career as a Quantity Surveyor through our extremely successful Trainee Programme.
Course details and requirements can be found here:
For more information or to apply for the position please e-mail your CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor (Glasgow)
The position would suit a candidate who has their BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying and is working towards MRICS chartered status or has recently become chartered and are looking to take their career to the next step and broaden their experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to further develop their career and be trained and supported through our proven RICS approved structured training plan. Applicants should hold excellent people and IT skills and be driven to work as part of our existing team. Ideally candidates should have a minimum of five years relevant experience of working within a private Quantity Surveying practice.
We provide a number of services across most sectors and there is an opportunity to become involved in Cost Management, Traditional Quantity Surveying, Employers Agent, Project Management, CDM services, specialist M&E measurement, billing and costing, procurement and dispute resolution.
Projects include a variety of refurbishment and new build within a wide range of sectors, including Higher and Further Education, Local Authority, Residential, Social Housing, Private Houses, Hotel and Leisure, Commercial Developments, Retail, Community projects and Restoration/Conservation.
The successful candidate should ideally:
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within private practice
- have strong understanding and practical experience of both Pre-Contract and Post-Contract work
- have a working knowledge of main contract forms
- have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in a client facing role
- be able to manage and deliver projects with minimum of supervision
- be either chartered or currently working towards chartered status
- be ambitious with career and business development aspirations
- be able to work as part of a larger team as well as manage and lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
In return you can expect:
- Competitive Salary and benefits reflecting experience level and qualifications
- Extensive training and development and assistance in gaining Chartered status, if necessary, via our RICS
- Approved Structured Training Programme
- RICS fees paid
- Promotion / progression opportunities
- Supporting and developing networking and business development
- To become involved in a range of projects
- Become part of office management reporting directly to Associates and Partners
Please email your CV and details to email@example.com
Quantity Surveyor (Kilmarnock)
The position would suit a candidate who is working towards their BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying or has recently graduated with a BSc Honours in Quantity Surveying and is working towards MRICS chartered status. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to further develop their career and be trained and supported through our proven RICS approved structured training plan. Applicants should hold excellent people and IT skills and be driven to work as part of our existing team. Ideally candidates should have a minimum of two years relevant experience of working within a private Quantity Surveying practice.
If you have the talent and ambition and wish to join us please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org